Thursday 10 November 2011

Vanessa's Mom

My dad passed away unexpectedly on May 2 of this year.  It happened 8 weeks before we were due to leave on our world trip.  I planned to cancel the whole trip as I couldn't imagine leaving my mom at the worst time of her life, but she wouldn't let me.  She insisted that we go on our trip saying that my dad would want me to go and she wanted me to go.  So I told her I would go only if she joined Blake and I on a 12 day Mediterranean cruise in mid-October.  She said yes and invited her friend Shirley to join us.  Shirley enjoys travel as much as my mom does.

My mom has a fantastic sense of optimism about life.  She's been an incredible role model for me.  I have so much respect for her.

Thank you for travelling halfway around the world to come and see me.

Love,

Vanessa

My mom and I in Rhodes, Greece